Welcome to the Spooners and West Dartmoor Hunt Pony Club web site
11.07.14 - Spooners PC Open Combined Training Schedule & Entry form for Saturday 2nd August added to Diary page
11.07.14 - Latest Rally Booking Form added to Diary page
26.06.14 - Latest News section updated below
21.06.14 - Spooners PC Tet & Tri Schedule and Entry form added to Diary page
Spooners & West Dartmoor Hunt Branch of the Pony Club was established in 1967 in Area 16 and currently has 70 members covering an area around Plymouth and Tavistock as far north as Postbridge.
If you are not already a Pony Club member click here to see the benefits!
As a member of our Pony Club
We want you to appreciate and enjoy your pony with like-minded people and hopefully make new friendships on the way.
Within the Pony Club you will have opportunities to compete and represent our Pony Club in competitions - this is not compulsory - it is up to you! You can just come along and watch if you want!
Available to you through being a member:
- Rallies: Open to all to teach you more about riding and caring for your pony.
- Show Jumping/Team Show Jumping: Open to all.
- Prince Phillip: Gymkhana games open to all.
- Dressage: Open to all.
- Endurance Riding: Open to all.
- One-day events (ODE): Combination of dressage, show jumping, and cross-country.
- D days: As above but for less experienced members.
- Triathlons Shooting, Swimming, Running.
- Tetrathlons Shooting, Swimming, Running, Cross-Country Jumping.
- Pony Club Tests Lessons are given to improve riding and horse care knowledge. Tests are normally taken from 7 years onwards.
- Achievement Badges For the younger members, a fun way to learn more about horsemanship and the countryside.
- Pony Club Camps - Junior & Senior Open to all ages for you and your pony.
For more information please click on the links in the 'Where to go from here' section at the bottom of this page.
We also try to arrange social get togethers such as Easter Egg hunts, pleasure rides, mini mock hunts with optional tour of kennels etc etc. If you have any queries or questions do feel free to contact Rebecca Townsend (your DC) on 01822 841871 or Tracy Coupland (parent) on 01822 855304.
22.06.14 - Outstanding Success at Area Tetrathlon!
Kelcey, Megan and Henry have today all qualified to go to the National Tetrathlon Championships in Yorkshire. Kelcey won the Open Girls class with best shoot, best swim and best run. Megan won the Intermediate Girls class with best swim, best run and a best ride score of 1400 points. Henry was second in the Junior Boys class with best shoot, best swim and a 1400 ride. Here is a picture of Megs, Henry and Rebecca from today.Thank you Ian for photo. Rebecca representing not only Spooners but Kelcey, who also won her class for area 16. Great result; all Spooners qualifying.